Lecturing at SAUT

Yesterday I was giving a great opportunity by the Vice Chancellor of Saint Augustine University of Tanzania (SAUT - pronounced Sow-Tee), the Dean of Academic Affairs, and the Head of the Sociology Department - Ludovick Myumbo, to deliver a two hour lecture on Black Identity for students and faculty.  The title of the presentation was: "Creating 'Blackness': Blacks in the Diaspora".  My main focus was to create dialogue with the students and faculty to share ideas about what it means to be Black in Tanzania, Africa, the Caribbean, and Canada.

I was particularly pleased and delighted with how well everyone was engaged in the topic and the insightful questions that made me really think about my own identity as a Black Canadian with Bajan roots.

I would like to thank everyone that came and for SAUT for arranging the lecture.  Special thanks to Mr. Myumbo and SAUT's Sociology Department.





Comments

  1. Nice pictures Professor Taylor. Glad it all went well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look like you are in your element. Teaching is in your blood lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Malcolm glasses in action. Everyone is so focused! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deus Machemuli Naluyaga-Tanzania.November 9, 2011 at 10:20 AM

    Hi Chris,
    I am very happy to hear this,i was among of the students when you gave a lecture at Saint Augustine.I can see myself on the front desk wearing brown shirt close to you.Well, the teachings were wonderful, am still remembering-hyphen! Thanks chris, am now in Zimbabwe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, yes I do remember you. Thanks for the comment and how are you doing in Zimbabwe?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment