Skinny Shorts are Capri Pants

I've noticed a male fashion trend here in Barbados:  skinny 3/4 length shorts.  Capri pants.

First off, I wear skinny jeans or as I like to call them "pants that actually fit".  I've been wearing them for the past decade and just consider them my normal pants.  And yes, I do have a few pairs of "Emo" or "New Boyz" or "I will never have children cause my testicles have climbed back into my abdomen" jeans.  Even have a pair of red ones.  So on that tip, I had to disclose that information and not seem like a hypocrite.

But there's a limit to men's fashion.  When you go into a store, buy a pair of jeans and cut them so that any part of your leg is exposed, that's a problem.  I know we're throwing back to the late '80s and early '90s in terms of dress, but just like the jheri curl a la Eriq La Salle from Coming to America, some things should not make a comeback.  Male cut off jeans are one.


I'm not all that concerned with the skinny jeans shorts, or even trying them myself, but my fear is that we as men are going down a very slippery slope when it comes to the boundaries of throwback fashions.  Next up, we'll all be looking like Leroy from Fame:


Here's the pattern:

First we start wearing capri pants and call them skinny shorts.
Then we throw on a blouse and call it a button-up shirt.
Top that off with a pashmina for a scarf and a purse as a money wallet, and a man ends up looking like this:


You laugh at your parents' wedding photos rocking a blue powder blue suit and platform shoes, but imagine what your kids will say in 20 years when they see pics of you looking like this:


I'm just saying.

Comments

  1. I strongly dislike those red pants... and the tar ones too!

    P.S. Game. Blouses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tar pants have been retired. If I brought the red ones I'd wear them out tonight just so I can fit in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. maybe its just me but i think eriq la salle looks like jonathan if he had a jerry curl lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Come to think of it, he does, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. shirt with a check pattern will make you look young and trendy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment