Rihanna Loud Concert Barbados

I left Barbados before the Loud concert at Kensington Oval in Barbados this past Friday, but I did hear from close friends and relatives that it was a world class performance from a world class performer.

Whether you like Rihanna, Ri-Ri, Miss Fenty, or whomever you want to call her, you've got to give credit where credit is due.  And for all the hating (I still don't like her as an artiste and she doesn't have any real singing talent), she's one of the most famous women in the world and comes from an island not much bigger than the size of a university campus (Barbados is 166 square miles for the record with a population of approximately 300,000).

You can't say she put Barbados on the map, because it's been on it since 1627.  And I don't think it's a contest between her and Errol Barrow (Barbados' first Prime Minister) and a few hundred other prominent Bajans in history as to who is more important.

And let's be honest, people will be getting drunk off of Malibu rum long after Rihanna's career is done and she's hosting BET's 106 & Park with Chris Brown.

But I will say, she's one lucky woman and she's living a life that most people can only dream of.

I mean, who wouldn't want to go for a ride on a big pink tank?


Or wear fruit loop underwear instead of fruit of the looms?


Doesn't the thought of becoming a new instrument - a guitass 6:10 - sound appealing?


Or be a singing and dancing lawyer?


Or better yet, a Pilates instructor?


But all jokes aside, even though I don't like her, she's doing something big for Barbados.  Huge.

(All photos from her Loud Concert in Barbados August 5th, 2011.  I didn't take them, so I can't take credit.)

Comments

Post a Comment