Racist Canadians? Maybe Sydney Leroux Has a Point

I watched Sydney Leroux score the goal yesterday in the US-Canada "friendly" re-match from the Olympics and her "classless" reaction.  My Canadian reaction was: "she's one of those people that can't understand normal thinking."

Then I read this article from TSN and thought to myself: "this woman makes a very strong point."

This follows the article I posted a little while ago about Black Canadians leaving this country for the Slave South.  They felt they would have a fairer shot for an education and would be treated equally in a place where the KKK lays their bed sheets at night (which actually double as their for real bed sheets).

Coincidence?  I think not.

Black people fled to Canada from the US in the 19th century to escape slavery and racism.  Now they're running back (literally and figuratively).

Here's an excerpt from the article:

"When you chant racial slurs, taunt me and talk about my family don't be mad when I shush you and show pride in what I represent. .america," Leroux tweeted.

Comments

  1. Leroux is absolutely right in doing what she did. It's time Canadians woke up to the reality of racism in this country.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment